Working while breastfeeding: Best practice strategies for workplaces and childcare centres (ARC Linkage Project)
The Australian National University (ANU) is leading a research partnership with Flinders University, University of New South Wales (UNSW), and the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA), to examine ‘breastfeeding friendly’ practices in workplaces and childcare services, and what is needed to help employed mothers continue breastfeeding. The study is being supported by a prestigious Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Project grant.
Further information about this project is available in this flyer.
- Smith J.P., E. McIntyre, L. Craig, S. Javanparast, L. Strazdins and K. Mortensen, (2013) ‘Workplace support, breastfeeding and health’, Family Matters Vol. 93:58-73.
- J.P Smith, S. Javanparast, E. McIntyre, L. Craig, K. Mortensen and C. Koh, ‘Discrimination against breastfeeding mothers in childcare’, Australian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol.16 No.1:65-90. (Abstract)
- ACT Human Rights Commission and Australian Breastfeeding Association, Human Rights Brochure.
- Presentation to 12th Australian Institute of Family Studies Conference held in Melbourne on 25-27 July 2012 - Working while breastfeeding: Best practice strategies for workplaces and child care services. Download the slides
- Presentation to Seminar Program 1 in the ABA Health Professional Seminar Series, March 2012 - Working from Research to Practice: Best Practice Strategies for Workplaces and Childcare Centres (Download the presentation)
- Presentation to the ABA International Conference ‘Step Up, Reach Out - developing an inclusive breastfeeding society’, National Convention Centre, Canberra, 20-21 October 2011 (Download the presentation)
- Presentation to ABA Health Professional Seminar Series, March 2011 - Working while Breastfeeding: Best Practice Strategies for Workplaces and Childcare Centres (Download the presentation)
- Smith, J.P., L.H. Ingham & M.D. Dunstone. 1998. ‘The economic value of breastfeeding in Australia’. NCEPH Working Paper No. 40.
- Smith J.P. 1997. ‘The economics of breastfeeding’, The Australian Financial Review, July 29, 1997:13.