You might also like
In this episode of From Rules to Reality, Kate Henne speaks to Simon Katterl on digital technologies, algorithmic oppression, social justice and injustice, regulation and more.
- Why regulating technology matters (2:40)
- Technology, ecosystems and surveillance (5:00)
- Government technologies and unintended consequences (9:00)
- How Big Tech facilitates a shift in how racism and discrimination operates (19:15)
- The role of private tech and public regulators in addressing hate speech (25:00)
- How to involve civil society ethically and efficiently in regulating tech (27:30)
- Principles for technology that go beyond fairness (28:45)
- What Professor Henne wants listeners to consider from now (36:45)
Listen to the episode here.