The main Australian Intervention Support Hub website has now been launched: australianinterventionsupporthub.com
The Australian Intervention Support Hub has been established within ANU’s Regulatory Institutions Network (RegNet) in collaboration with Deakin University, Melbourne. The Hub is dedicated to supporting community based initiatives and activities to counter the influence of violent extremist ideologies and prevent radicalisation. It brings together a range of experts including psychologists, criminologists and social workers from universities around Australia and in the International Centre of Excellence for Countering Violent Extremism in the United Arab Emirates.
The Hub’s core functions include:
- to identify evolving international Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) best practice and helping to translate this to the Australian context in a timely and effective fashion;
- to provide a stable repository of dynamic knowledge and expertise about CVE programs and related initiatives to help retain institutional memory within government, policing and community organisations;
- to generate, collate and interpret evidence-based CVE research that can be applied within a range of policing, government and community training and work;
- to provide training and support for groups and service providers to develop and sensitively undertake appropriate, sustainable interventions for individuals and families that help safeguard the well-being of individuals, communities and society;
- educate media practitioners, educators and other professionals about violent extremism, radicalisation, effective interventions to protect well-being and related CVE issues;
- facilitate independent evaluations of CVE programs; and
- media and community engagement.
The Hub’s Co-Directors are Dr Clarke Jones and Professor Greg Barton. Mary Ivec and Diana Abdel-Rahman share the position of Senior Research Co-ordinator, while Dr Roslyn Richardson is a Research Fellow. The Hub is funded through the Attorney General’s Department and the Australian Federal Police and was launched by Justice Minister and Minister assisting the Prime Minister on Counter-Terrorism, the Hon Michael Keenan.
Clarke Jones on Radio National
Opinion Piece by Clarke Jones in Policy Forum
Clarke Jones on ABC News
Clarke Jones on The World Today
Australian Muslim Voice president joins RegNet to work with Australian Intervention Support Hub.
Diana has 30 years of successful management experience in the public sector and community service. As a public sector professional and community leader she has cultivated strong leadership, policy...
Mary holds post graduate degrees in social policy, social work and counselling having completed her Bachelor of Arts (Sociology and Politics) at the ANU. Mary has thirty...
Dr Clarke Jones holds a PhD from the University of New South Wales, which examined the burring roles of the military and police in response to non-traditional security threats. He also has a...
Roslyn Richardson holds a doctorate in communication and specialises in audience and cultural studies. Her research interests centre on investigating target audience responses to government policy...