Mr Kuntal Goswami
BA in Hospitality Management (RGU, UK/India); B.Com (Hons) 1st Class (UniSA, Aus); Master of Business (Accounting) (UniSA, Aus); M.B.A (Finance, Marketing, International Business) (IFIM, India)
Kuntal is one of the partners at the Business Planet and member of the Institute of Public Accountants (MIPA), Australia, the Centre for Social and Environmental Accounting (CSEAR), University of St Andrews, Scotland, UK and the Social Impact Measurement Network (SIMNA) Australia. He is trained as an Accountant, Marketing Specialist and a Researcher, with a research interest in:
• Sustainable Development;
• Accounting Standard and drafting Non-Financial Accounting Standard and Measurement;
• Low Cost Food waste mitigation strategy.
• Trade, Investment and Finance.
• Business Management Syllabus.
• Public Policy.
Kuntal’s diverse career in India, Oman and Australia includes working in the private sector (hospitality industry, retail industry, and publication industry), public sector (South Australian local governments) and university sector.
After completing his Honours, he started his PhD at the Northern Institute, Charles Darwin University (CDU). In 2015 he enrolled into the ANU-CDU Joint PhD program at the RegNet, ANU. He already submitted his Joint PhD Thesis and it is under examination.
Academic Awards and Achievements
• 2017 Emerging Scholar Award at the 13th International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, Economic & Social Sustainability, Niteroi, Greater Rio, Brazil.
• 2013 Chancellor’s Letters of Commendation for Honours performance at UniSA.
• 2012 My honours paper selected as one of the top three papers for National Accounting Honours Colloquium at Curtin University.
• 1999 Certificate of Merit during BA in Hospitality final year for a case study project
- Prof Rolf Gerritsen (Principal Supervisor, Northern Institute, CDU)
- Dr Benxiang Zeng (Northern Institute, CDU)
- Dr Jeroen van der Heijden, (RegNet, ANU)
- Catherine Hull (Commonwealth Grants Commission)
- Accounting standard
- Sustainability accounting and reporting
- Sustainable Development
- Public policy
(Forthcoming) Goswami, K and Bidari, R (2018), ‘MYOB Accounting Software Training Manual for Small Businesses’, Business Planet, Adelaide.
Goswami, K (2018), ‘What Drives Sustainability Reporting Practices in Selected South Australian Local Councils: A Case Study’ The International Journal of Sustainability Policy and Practice, Vol.13.No.4, pp.1-14.
Goswami, K and Gerritsen, R (2018), ‘Analysis of Three Australian State-Level Public Policies: Stakeholders’ Perspective’, Proceedings of the 2018 14th International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, Economic & Social Sustainability (2018 On Sustainability Conference), The Cairns Institute, James Cook University, Cairns, Australia.
Goswami, K (2017), ‘Australian State Governments’ contribution towards sustainable development: A case study’, Proceedings of the 2017 13th International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, Economic & Social Sustainability (2017 On Sustainability), Fluminense Federal University, Niteroi, Greater Rio, Brazil.
Goswami, K (2015), ‘Housing as a sustainability issue in South Australia: A case study’, Proceedings of the 2015 Australasian Housing Researchers Conference (AHRC 2015), University of Tasmania (UTAS), Hobart, Australia.
Goswami, K and Lodhia, S (2014) Sustainability Disclosure Patterns of South Australian Local Councils: A Case Study, Public Money and Management Vol. 34, No.4, pp. 273-280 (ABDC 2013 Rank: A, Impact Factor = 0.781).
Goswami, K and Lodhia, S (2012), ‘Influences on Sustainability Reporting Practices in Selected South Australian Local Councils: An Explanatory Case study’, Proceedings of the 11th Australasian Conference for Social and Environmental Accounting Research (11th A-CSEAR), Social Accounting and Accountability Research Centre (SAARC), Wollongong, Australia.
Congratulations to RegNet Scholar Kuntal Goswami, who was presented with the Emerging Scholar Award for his presentation at the Thirteenth International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, Econo