BA in Hospitality Management (RGU, UK/India) BC
Kuntal Goswami started his career in the field of hospitality marketing (India) followed by retail management (Oman) and institutional marketing (India). After migrating to Australia he worked as finance tutor in the university sector then shifted to South Australian local government and worked as senior finance officer and Corporate Service Manager for different local councils. After completing his honours, he started his PhD at the Northern Institute, Charles Darwin University. In 2015 he enrolled into ANU-CDU Joint PhD program at RegNet.
Academic Awards and Achievements
• 2017 Emerging Scholar Award at the 13th International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, Economic & Social Sustainability, Niteroi, Greater Rio, Brazil.
• 2013 Chancellor’s Letters of Commendation for Honours performance at UniSA.
• 2012 My honours paper selected as one of the top three papers for National Accounting Honours Colloquium at Curtin University.
• 1999 Certificate of Merit during BA in Hospitality final year for a case study project
- Prof Rolf Gerritsen (Principal Supervisor, Northern Institute, CDU)
- Dr Benxiang Zeng (Northern Institute, CDU)
- Dr Jeroen van der Heijden, (RegNet, ANU)
- Catherine Hull (Commonwealth Grants Commission)
- Accounting standard
- Sustainability accounting and reporting
- Sustainable Development
- Public policy
Goswami, K (2017), ‘Australian State Governments’ contribution towards sustainable development: A case study’, Proceedings of the 2017 13th International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, Economic & Social Sustainability (2017 On Sustainability), Fluminense Federal University, Niteroi, Greater Rio, Brazil.
Goswami, K (2015), ‘Housing as a sustainability issue in South Australia: A case study’, Proceedings of the 2015 Australasian Housing Researchers Conference (AHRC 2015), University of Tasmania (UTAS), Hobart, Australia.
Goswami, K and Lodhia, S (2014) Sustainability Disclosure Patterns of South Australian Local Councils: A Case Study, Public Money and Management Vol. 34, No.4, pp. 273-280 (ABDC 2013 Rank: A, Impact Factor = 0.781).
Goswami, K and Lodhia, S (2012), ‘Influences on Sustainability Reporting Practices in Selected South Australian Local Councils: An Explanatory Case study’, Proceedings of the 11th Australasian Conference for Social and Environmental Accounting Research (11th A-CSEAR), Social Accounting and Accountability Research Centre (SAARC), Wollongong, Australia.